Thursday, July 21, 2005

I am in Japan!

I am in Japan visiting Luke and traveling with my dad until July 29th. I'll then make a small hop to Taiwan to visit my grandpa for a few days, and then back to LA. It's the 2nd time I visited Japan, but my last time was when I was in middle school. Anyway, I arrived on Thursday July 21 at the Tokyo's Narita Airport. The airport is actually an hour away from Tokyo itself by train so I decided to use my rail pass (about $250, which you must purchase before arriving in Tokyo, kinda like Euro rail pass). When the rail agent issued me the tickets, they told me I have only 10 minutes until the train starts, so I rushed to the train without getting any local money. I reasoned that I can always find an ATM or use my credit card to purchase things. I was completely wrong; When I arrived at the Tokyo station, I couldn't find anything of that sort. Therefore, I had no way to call my brother as I was supposed to do. I was really frustrated when I wondered to a map. To my surprise, I was actually standing below where he works! So I surprised him by showing up at the reception desk, hehe ;)

0 Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

--Copyleft Henry--