Sunday, November 06, 2005

Chicago!

From Nov 1 to Nov 5, I was in Chicago for Club Industry 2005 Expo. I was exhibiting the indoor group fitness bike for KHS. KHS has been making this product for over 8 years, but are now producing and marketing it under its own brand - Spnergy Studio Cycle. It was the first time KHS exhibits at a fitness show so we were not prepared. For the booth, we (another employee from KHS was with me) only had 2 bikes, a table, and 2 chairs, but no decoration nor any signage; it was a bit embarrassing. Otherwise, the show went pretty well for us because we had a few interests and contacts, which I would need to follow up.

Show aside, Chicago was unusually nice to me. The weather was warm enough for me to wear short sleeves outside; I was also able to run in the morning with shorts and t-shirt. Very beautiful weather. Since I stayed in a hotel next to Lake Michigan, I ran along the bike-path on 2 mornings. It was very nice.

On another note, I was impressed with how easy and inexpensive it is to use their public transportation. I rode to and from the Midway airport to downtown (30 minutes) for $1.75 each way. I also got around by their bus system, which is pretty easy to figure out. All you have to do is look at the map posted in all the bus station. Sigh, I am very envious of their public transportation system.

Oh yeah, I also went to the Field Museum where I met a very large female name Sue...

0 Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

--Copyleft Henry--