Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Completed Half-Ironman!!

This past Sunday, I completed the Soma Half-Ironman event. I was aiming for 6hrs, but I finished in 6:26 (close enough for now). The bike portion turned out to be the hardest for me because my lower back was hurting. I could have bike a bit faster if it wasn't because my back was killing me. I'll need to do some back exercises before any more races. I averaged 16-17mph including the 3 stops I took to stretch out. As for the run, I was averaging 10min/mile. I felt much better than I did last year when I did the quarter on the same course. Although I was extremely tired, I had fun at the event. Here is the official result:
Swim(1.2miles)= 0:45:28 (2.15/100yrd)
T1 = 0:04:45 (yeah, slow)
Bike(56miles) = 3:19:13 (16.8mph)
T2 = 0:02:51 (I did some stretching)
Run(13.1miles)= 2:13:24 (10.18min/mile)
==========
TOTAL = 6:25:41
On another note, thanks goes out to all the Tricats volunteers. It was a great feeling to pull up to the bike station and have everyone cheering for me. It was even better when I can pull up and have a "pit" service, as you'll see in the pictures here (to see more, click here).







My lessons learned from the race are:

1 Comments: Woohoo! Now I can go around telling my friends that I have a half-crazy guy for a brother! Congrats!
  Post a Comment

<< Home

--Copyleft Henry--