Wednesday, September 06, 2006

New route to work

I broke 2 spokes on my bike about 1.5 weeks ago. I haven't been riding since then and it is driving (pun intended) me nuts, not to mention so many more miles on my car. Anyway, I finally fixed it on Tuesday and got to ride it today.

I am actually staying in Redondo Beach this week. This is much closer to where I would like to live (West Torrance). So I found an easy 3.5 mi bike ride to the bus station at the Torrance Civic Center, take Torrance Transit #6, which drops me off at the Artesia Metro Station, which is about 1mi from where I work. The bus ride was only $0.50 one way! Total one-way commuting time was about 1 hr, door-to-door. Compare this with driving, which takes 30 minutes, but costs $1.50 in gas alone. On the way back home, I was the only rider the entire way. I couldn't believe it, but the bus driver said it's normal. Very strange... I guess Torrance, after all, is a car town- with Toyota, Nissan (recently moved out), and Exxon-Mobil all part of the city.

Anyway, this meant that I rode about 8 miles today. Not very much, but I am sore! However, I am very happy to be back on the bike :))))

0 Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

--Copyleft Henry--