Sunday, November 05, 2006

Picacho Peak hike

From one state park to another... On Nov 4th, I finally got to do a great hike that I never got to do while I was actually living in Tucson. Pei, Kyle, Krystle, and I went to hike the Picacho Peak, which is located about 50 miles North of Tucson on I-10. It was an intense but fun 4 mile round trip hike via the Hunter Trail.

Dead catusDead catus


Pause for a viewPause for a view


Group at the saddleGroup at the saddle


What are you up to now?What are you (Henry) up to now?

The hike is NOT for the faint of heart or anyone who fear heights because at various sections you are basically being held-in by a chain and not much else. The chains are staked in various locations to help and keep hiker safe while doing this climb without any technical equipment or skill. The ranger recommended that we use gloves, but it's not really necessary (except when it's really hot or cold).

Help me!Help me!


A look at how steep it isA look at how steep it is


The view all the way up is excellent. On the peak, you have a 360 degree view of mostly flat land. If you would like to try doing this hike, I would recommend at least 2 quarts of water per person, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, and sturdy shoes.


From the peakFrom the peak


Pei and I on peakPei and I on the peak (South-East/I-10 in the background)


Krystle on the peakKrystle on the peak (North in the background)


Kyle on the peakKyle on the peak (East/I-10 in the background)

0 Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

--Copyleft Henry--