Monday, January 29, 2007

Last week's hick-ups

Two things worth noting last week...

I was coming home from Tucson Sunday, Jan 21 when it began snowing in the afternoon. Since it was still day time, the snow was more like sleet that melted on impact of anything. However, when my plane was just about to leave the boarding gate, the snow really started to pile on. Next thing we know, the Tucson crew was having trouble de-icing the plane; they simply didn't have enough equipment to do the job fast enough. An hour later of just sitting there, Southwest cancelled the flight -- I got to stay one more night in Tucson AND take off work the next day because I could not get on another flight until 2:30pm Monday. Apparently, (city of) Tucson has not seen snow for about 15-20 years depending on who you ask. Besides for the delay and minor annoyances, it was a lovely sight. Some kids even got a snow day on Monday!

------

On Thursday morning, as I was getting ready to go to work I discovered that my car's driver-side window was busted. Nothing was stolen out of the car (at least I don't remember anything being missing) even my folding bike in the back in plain sight. Of course, that ended up consuming my morning - I had to talk to the police, insurance company, and clean up the glass. Really annoying, but at least my car and my bike were not stolen.

It made me think of how much human life has been spent on preventing, recovering, investigating, and prosecuting crime. It's incredible. If only we can divert such effort to other greater causes instead, the world would be an amazing place, but such is the dharma of life.

0 Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

--Copyleft Henry--