Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Happy Chinese New Year!



Happy Chinese New Year (of the Pig - on Feb 18)!

Here is a short recap of what happened: 2006 was a busy year for me. I traveled a lot and moved back to the Los Angeles region (Orange county, CA to be exact) from Tucson in July. I am very grateful to my god-sister Anne and her husband Helman for letting me live in their guest room for the past 6 months. However, I moved out 2 weekends ago to a share a home in Long Beach, CA - about 2.5 miles from work. Since my significant other, Pei, is in Tucson working on her PhD at U of Arizona, I often fly to Tucson to visit her. When she visits me in LA, we traveled to San Diego and Santa Barbara to mix things up a bit, but you knew most of this already because you have been keeping up with my posts right?

What did I do for Chinese New Year? Nothing related to it, actually. I visited Pei in Tucson and we went camping Saturday night at the Peppersauce Campground about 40 miles north of Tucson. The camp ground is relatively clean, the camp host is super friendly (he gave us fire wood and matches when we didn't arrive with either), the camping areas are well shaded by TREES (!!), and you can be visited by friendly cows (too bad I didn't get any pictures of them). We had a good time just hanging out, cooked, ate, and watch the fire burn. The hiking around the area isn't so nice though... we hiked up a 4-wheelable road for about 45 minutes before turning back because I was exhausted from suffering from a minor cold.

0 Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

--Copyleft Henry--